Empowering on-the-go SLPs take charge of diverse caseloads with motivating, time-saving activities and organizational tips!
End of the Year HELP
Calling all CFs! For those of you who aren’t SLPs, see the bottom of this post for an explanation.*
Are you working in the public school system?
Well, then you already know that the END is coming! You have almost made it but maybe, just maybe you are overwhelmed by the amount of work left to do.
Here are some tips I am giving my current CF to help her get through the end:
• Cancel sessions NOW to get paperwork ready for May/June IEPs.
• Get ready to write end of the year progress notes NOW.
• Look at your caseload and see if there are any students who can be dismissed. Yes, it is more work to do this now, but you will be helping yourself a lot of time next year by dismissing anyone who is ready NOW.
• Remember state testing is just around the corner for many of your schools. Use that time to catch up!
• Field trips are often scheduled toward the end of the year. Look at the school’s schedule. Are there any field trips coming up? Plan ahead and you will find yourself some spare time here and there to complete assessments and paperwork.
• Class parties happen at this time of year, too. These are opportunities to get other things done. Again, check your school’s schedule so you can plan ahead to use that time effectively!
• Reach out to your clinical supervisor for advice. That is what we are here for!
• You did it! Give yourself a pat on the back! You made it through your first year. It will be much easier next year.
*For those of you outside the profession of speech-language pathology, a CF is a Clinical Fellow. Our profession requires one year of supervision beyond the Master’s degree (really!). Once completed, the CF is eligible for the Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) issued by ASHA (the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association).
Huey Lewis and The News announced Friday that all of their 2018 dates have been canceled -- including his August 10 appearance at Outside Lands in San Francisco. Frontman Huey Lewis says he has lost m...